All 25 art Reviews

bug bois bug bois

Cool, like the line style and color!

Starry Night in Hyperspace! Starry Night in Hyperspace!

Regardless of if this is "in the rules" or not, it is a really fun and enjoyable piece, good work!

shallan responds:

Thanks!

Alley Alley

Damn, this is really nice, I like how it is able to sell the texture of the area through light and not though extensive texture detail. It gives the thing a nice painterly feel but feels realistic. Keep it up.

FuShark responds:

Thanks Cult! I'll do my best. :D

Valkyrie Valkyrie

Cool, I like the armor and body type of her character, it feels quite original. My only real gripe is the asymmetry of her face, her screen right side is rounder then it would be. Other then that all looks pretty sick, keep up the good work.

The girl in my Head The girl in my Head

Neat, I like the simple composition. Careful though with mixing anti-aliased lines with aliased ones, it makes the sharper stuff stick out like a sore thumb and loos incomplete. Try and use similar brushes throughout for a more consistent feel. Also I understand using yellow to draw the eye, but that is not reflected in the lighting elsewhere in the composition, you can add yellow light to the other highlights for that to feel less unnatural. Overall interesting piece, keep practicing!

Miki-Yume responds:

Thank you so much for the advice. I actually used Fresh Paint, the app, and it has limited brushes and such but hopefully I can learn to use what I have. I purposely added the yellow-green light to make it seem unnatural because the girl herself is not there. I hope to keep practicing and learning, any and all helpful criticism is welcomed. Thank you so much :)

skull part 2 skull part 2

Cool! Kinda muddy though, you should try defining your forms and adding to that for a more solid feel, if you want to keep the sketchy feel u can go over your edges with a brush set to clear afterwards for that nice rough feel

Blur Blur

RELEASE THE HANDS! YOU CAN DO IT

Rynthie responds:

Hehe, I'll get on that. Its a baad habit I have avoiding them. Amazing artwork, btw!

Balrog of Morgoth Balrog of Morgoth

Cool I like it, some tips with hatching though, you should have the lines curve uniformly around the objects to have a greater feeling of dimension, rather then making it feel flat on the page. I like the solid blacks used in the traditional medium, it's very bold

Draw With Jazza's COTM : Tradigital Draw With Jazza's COTM : Tradigital

Cool! I like the effort to use different mediums and graphic styling in the piece. Also like that the guy is more straight lined, wheres the girl has a looser design. The things that stick out to me in this piece are the poses of the characters, the girls dress, and the anatomy of the characters.
The poses of the characters could be pushed to be more dynamic/ interesting, an easy way to do this is to make the character have more angle and variation in thier stance and limbs, it makes it nice to look at.
The girls dress is mostly well done, but turns into a solid single line with the girls leg at the end of the line. To show the dress as taking up a 3d space it would be better to show the dress slightly overshooting the leg and then wraping around it to give it volume.
The characters all have perfectly straight limbs, to make it feel more believable try to have straights and curves on the insides and outsides of their limbs. It makes it much more anatomicaly correct.
The styling of the peice is well done, and I feel like you captured what you wanted to show, good work, keep practicing.

Why is my pen not working? Why is my pen not working?

You certainly have the right philosophy towards creation, i'm glad you enjoyed making this. If you are unsatisfied with sketchbook, I would reccomend the app Procreate, its the closest experience to photoshop without the insane prices. The thing that sticks out to me with this piece is the perspective, although done on an intentional dutch angle, the ipad does not match with the angle of the table. This can be fixed in the future through sketching perspective lines in advance to help yourself. Nice work, keep drawing.